Tuesday, February 3, 2015

2015 ALSC/ALA Award Winners

In case you haven't heard, the Association for Library Services to Children / American Library Association announced their children's and young adult literature award winners yesterday, and the list is really diverse!  I was especially excited to see two of my favorites -- Green Is A Chile Pepper and Separate Is Never Equal -- on the Pura Belpré and Sibert Honor lists.  Congratulations to all of the winners!



I've been wanting to share this guest post I wrote about Separate Is Never Equal for my friend and colleague Jenn Whitley's blog, Teaching Social Justice, last summer.  Now seems like a good time, so here you go!  While you're there, take a look around -- Jenn and her guest bloggers (all of whom are way smarter than me) have written some excellent posts about the intersections of education and social justice.  Prepare to have your brain flexed.

No comments:

Post a Comment